Monday, August 26, 2013

LORELEI'S MICHAEL'S CHALLENGE

Lorelei Eurto  hosts some pretty interesting blog hops.  I just happened to have a trip to Michael's planned when I saw her invite for a Michael's Challenge.  The concept was simple,  Lorelei choose a few "ingredients" and we made things out of them.

Here were the pieces we were all supposed to purchase:



I was able to find all of the items EXCEPT the Owl buttons.  Oh well, never mind, I just added a few things from my own stash and added a pop of red into the mix and here's what I came up with.....











I added a pewter Owl from Green Girl Studios, a brass button and some Japanese cord I had on hand with the Michael's beads to make this piece. The amazing Roger Fojas Photography took the beautiful staged pic of the necklace.  (The bracelet and earrings were not done yet, so you just get my boring photography for those.)


The Bracelet was inspired by the lovely leather bracelets Lorelei has been creating lately.  I found this suede also at Michael's and used some antique Kimono fabric I had just scored at a garage sale.  I also added a red wavy lampwork disc from Serena's Beadery (along with a few bits of the Michael's stash).




For the earrings, I used just two of the Michael's beads (plus these little red beaded beads) and made a simple, but festive pair of earrings.  I even made the ear wires!



To see the other blog hop participants, visit Lorelei's blog for the entire list.


Lisa



7 comments:

  1. Great pieces. I love that necklace. The red really makes the whole thing pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pieces!! I just love the Japanese cording on the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are wonderful. The earrings are my favorite -- so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your necklace is so uniquely wonderful! And your earrings are lovely!! Really love what you created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red worked as a perfect balance for the other colors. Somehow I completely overlooked that. Your Japanese cord really tied all the colors together superbly though and I didn't have that. I'm especially digging those earrings, festive indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color you added with the Japanese cord. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I somehow missed commenting on your creations! I love the fabric that you incorporated. I have a few yards of different colors and that always stymies me! The cuff bracelet is very hip and with the times. I am just discovering using leather myself! Wonderful pieces! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete