Thursday, September 1, 2011

Finally, Some Focus!

As the anesthesia slowly leaves my body, my creative brain is waking up.  I didn't have any dog walks today, so after a few life errands, I was able to spend some quality time at the bead table.

Staying with my desire to create for fall, I started with this amazing pendant and ceramic crow by Kylie Parry and worked in some wooden beads I picked up from Pudgy Beads a while back.  I mixed both Vintaj Arte Metal and Bronze and topped it off with a piece of hand dyed ribbon.  It's very earthy - a different style for me, but I like it.


I went back to my favorite hobby re-use of vintage materials and used this broken antique pin I have had in my stash for a while.  Vintage glass beads in gold and green compliment the enamel of the pin turned pendant and I added some new hand blown glass beads from Blue Seraphim.  I don't know if I can part with this one.  I LOVE these vintage colors.


And, I had to start playing around with a Halloween take on my bird cage earrings.  This time with crows and skulls.  This style of earrings is always difficult to photograph, but I can't keep them in stock when people see them in person.



And, finally a pendant I made.  I'm not sure how I'm going to incorporate it into a necklace yet.  I have some dupioni silk ribbon that night be nice, or I may just simply put it on a chain.  The orange flowers are lampwork by Serena Smith, the yellow glass leaves are vintage and the butterfly is a brass piece I painted.  



It was a good day for creating.  It is rare that I have the leisure of several hours strung together to make things.  I feel very spoiled when I get this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment