Friday, February 3, 2012

New Blog Challenge!

I threw my name in the Random Generator over at Lorelei's Blog to participate in the Jade Scott Pinwheel Challenge and I got PICKED!  There will be 7 of us participating.  I am very excited (and a bit terrified) but I've got some good ideas percolating in my brain.

My first associations with pinwheels were of spinning garden flowers, childhood toys and plastic tubes filled with colorful candy.  I think I would have gone in that direction if I had gotten a colorful pinwheel.

However, last weekend,we spent time in Joshua Tree and my entire inspiration changed.   Luckily, when I opened my package yesterday I found I had gotten the WHITE pinwheel.  White?  Lucky?  Yeah, that's not what I would have normally said.

So, I'll share some of my inspiration photos.  I haven't started working on the piece yet and I may end up in a completely different direction, but at least you'll have seen some nice photos along the way.

First, we don't go anywhere without the Pugs.  This was their first trip in the new CRV.  I'm glad I got leather seats!


 On the Road to Joshua Tree


Our Surroundings at the cabin (Photos by The Enlightened Hedonist)











So, it will be interesting to see where one little white pinwheel and a lot of beautiful photos take me.  The reveal date is February 15th.  In the mean time, I'm going to try and find some daylight time to get some pictures of some of the STUNNING art beads I got at the Pasadena Bead and Design show.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos, your Pugs are so cute. I love the landscape photos they are so peacefull. I think white will be an easy color to work with cause everything goes with it.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete